Respondus is a powerful tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to D2L Brightspace. Exams are created offline directly in the software, then quickly uploaded to your specific D2L course. This time-saver tool is available to St. Cloud State faculty, so if you wish to use it let us know and we will instal it and give you a quick tutorial on how to use it.
Here, I will list the major features and provide 5 minute video tutorials for creating your quizzes and publishing them to your D2L course.
- Create exams and assessments offline using a Windows interface
- Supports up to 15 question types, including calculated and algorithmic formats
- Import questions from MS Word (including embedded images), rich-text, QTI, and tab/comma delimited formats
- Access to thousands of Respondus-compatible publisher test banks – FREE to instructors who adopt a participating textbook
Preview, Publish and Printing Features
- Preview questions before publishing them to D2L
- Publish exams and assessments directly to an online course (media files are automatically uploaded)
- Determine point values and exam settings offline
- Print exams/surveys directly from Respondus, or save files to MS Word or rich-text format
Retrieval and Reporting Features
- Retrieve exams from the leading learning platforms, complete with media files*
- Retrieve custom reports, such as student scores, summary statistics, and answer distributions*
- Download answer databases for quizzes or surveys and save them in an Excel-compatible format*
- Archive and restore exam/survey projects (including media content) with one click — ideal for providing a colleague with a ready-to-use exam