If you have an hour to spare, some really awesome topics are being presented in Learning Spaces & Instructional Technology Special Interest Group (SIG) and Minnesota Online Quality Initiative (MOQI) webinars. It is very easy to register, so just try out one of the topics of your interest and I am sure you will be back for more. 🙂
Just a reminder, the Special Interest Group: Learning Spaces and Instructional Technology (SIG) and Minnesota Online Quality Initiative (MOQI) webinars start in less than two weeks. These are FREE and open to anyone. Below you will find the scheduled webinars for spring semester. Tuesday’s webinars will focus in D2L Brightspace. Wednesday’s webinar will focus more on teaching, learning, and technology. Only Wednesday webinars will be recorded and can be found on the MOQI website three weeks after the session is held: https://minnesota.qualitymatters.org/video-resources/.
Click here to register for the sessions described below.
The Minnesota Online Quality Initiative team has updated their list of video resources from the past webinars hosted by the Special Interest Group.
You will find the recording link along with the presenter and webinar description. This is a great opportunity in case you have missed a live webinar but are still interested in the topic. Here are some of the archived recordings:
- Self-Assessment of Discussions
- Ten Steps Closer to an Accessible Course
- Time-Saving Tips for Stressed Out Instructors
- Just-in-Time Teaching
Just click on the link provided above and choose the title of your interest. Majority of the recordings are about 45 minutes long.
Don’t forget, there is also a Google drive folder with various resources (in Word, PDF, or PPT).
Finally, you can always register for the upcoming webinars here.
Free webinars on various tools and best practices. Register here.
Just in the next two days, there are 6 webinars offered on different D2L Brightspace tools. We hope you attend and find them useful! They cover each tool in detail, and send out resources. The list continues and is a great support for the beginning and the rest of this Fall semester. Register here!
D2L Brightspace: Free “Getting Started” webinars, presented to you by SIG members, offer a variety of topics. Click here to register for upcoming SIG webinars! Some of the upcoming events are listed below:
- Introduction and Overview of D2L Brightspace – August 15, August 17, August 18
- Organize Your Content – August 23, August 25
- Using Respondus Quiz Tool – August 11, August 30
- D2L Brightspace Quiz Tool – August 10, August 12,
- Announcements (formerly News), Classlist and Email – August 23, August 24
- D2L Brightspace Discussion Board Tool– August 22, August 25
- Points Based/ Weighted Gradebook – August 25, August 30
- D2L Brightspace Assignments Tool (formerly Dropbox) – August 11, August 30
- Groups in D2L Brightspace – August 30, August 31
- D2L Brightspace Rubric Tool – August 23
- Creating a Community: Using Brightspace to Welcome Students – August 31
In case you cannot attend one of the webinars offered at those dates, here is a folder with resources and handouts from the presentations.
Special Interest Group will provide a series of webinar workshops for Getting Started with D2L Brightspace. They will cover different topics, information below. Register here!
Special Interest Group (SIG) is again organizing a series of free and open to anyone Learning Spaces and Instructional Technology webinars. What is new is that they have prepared a Learning Space Tour at Hennepin Technical College on April 8. You can register for these events here: http://mnquality.eventbrite.com