Gender, Race, and the Media

When researching for some more information to help me in my research project, I came upon this great article that illustrated and pointed out some key concepts when talking about gender, race, and the media. In my opinion, the media has played a large role in so many individual’s lives. With smartphones, tablets, and computer being easy accessible to thousands of people, social media has become almost like an addiction. However, when people are constantly scrolling through the web, they are faced with images that serve of importance, or non-importance depending upon the situation and individual. Consequently, all images can serve as a change of mind, especially when one is faced directly with an advertisement. In come cases, ads have made such an impact on people’s life that they have developed eating disorders, and serious health conditions because they try so hard to look like the unrealistic model on the billboard. Take a look at the article I have attached below to see just what I am referring to .

https://sites.psu.edu/grmertman/2015/10/22/photoshop-in-advertising/