The New Norm: What it is like doing school all online

Before COVID hit, I was taking only 1-2 online classes a semester and went in for the rest. I have always been a fan of online classes but still enjoyed the chance to go into classes a couple of days a week. Once COVID hit, all of my classes for the fall semester turned online. I wasn’t sure what to expect or how it would work but I was excited to get the chance to try it out.
After the first week of classes, I have to admit I became a little stressed trying to figure out how I was going to organize my calendar to get things done with my already crazy life at the moment. However, I found it helpful to look over the calendar for each class every week and write down when I am going to do it, and when it will be due. I also set alarms on my phone to remind myself to do assignments(since I forget things easily). Once I got my scheduling figured out I was ready to learn online.
With having all online classes, I have gotten the chance to get more comfortable with my computer and try new things. For some of my classes, zoom is how we can communicate as we would face to face. Before 2020, zoom wasn’t even a thing I have heard of before or used. After using it for a while now I learned how great of a tool it is. You can still do live presentations for classes on it and see what the other person on the screen is sharing. I also love that you can leave comments in the chat while someone is talking, in case you have a question and don’t want to interrupt. I have also learned how to open up a shared google doc on zoom and be able to work on something as a class together(which I have found to be a little mind-blowing to do).
Having all of my classes online actually has turned out to be a great learning experience for me with technology. I have learned so many new things that I can do on a laptop that I never knew before. I am excited to see other tools I get to learn as the semester goes on!