Congratulations to Dr. Brittany Williams, Assistant Professor of Higher Education Administration! Dr. Williams’s has received two honors this Fall for her research into the experiences of black women in higher education.

Dr. Williams is the 2019 Southern Association for College Student Affairs (SACSA) Dissertation of the Year award recipient for her study “‘I Did Everything I was Supposed to’: Black Women Administrative Professionals’ Push Out and Opt Out of Higher Education.” In addition, Dr. Williams is the recipient of the 2019 NASPA Region IV-E Research and Assessment Grant Award for her forthcoming study, “‘I have a career I can’t afford to start’: Examining Post-Doctoral Black Women’s Academic Precarity in Student Affairs and Higher Education.” The research award will support Dr. Williams’ efforts to explore financial and social class barriers to healthy and successful career beginnings for black women post-doctoral administrators and faculty in the fields of higher education and student affairs.

To learn more about Dr. Williams and her research please follow the link below.

Professor Brittany Williams honored

One thought on “Congratulations Dr. Brittany Williams