COVID-19 has had a tremendous impact on the world. This turmoil does not exclude higher education, and the gravity of the COVID-19 epidemic remains ongoing. As news reports of loss of life, homelessness, and food insecurity permeate daily reports, the COVID-19 crisis has heightened my self-care practices. Actually, if anything, this crisis underscores the importance of practicing mindfulness, rest, and working towards and maintaining daily healthy habits.

Since the start of Minnesota’s Stay at Home order, I’ve found myself relegated to my apartment while trying to maintain a sense of normalcy to support my students and family. To say that this is a stressful time would be an understatement, and whether I am doing a good enough job remains to be seen. Nevertheless, I am grateful to have my health, and I would not be able to go on without the support of technology; enter Headspace!

Meet Headspace

Photo via Headspace Website

For those of you who have not heard of Headspace, the Headspace app is my tried and trusted app for mental and emotional wellness. Whether I am experiencing a restless night due to an “off” circadian rhythm or working to maintain daily wellness through guided meditation, Headspace has a feature that I can use. You can download the app for free in the app store (I have an iPhone, double-check for Android), and there are paid upgrades to a more extensive library.

Headspace endeavors to help users with navigating the basics of meditation so that users can be more relaxed, mindful, and improve their overall health. The Headspace app has a library of resources for falling and staying asleep, relaxation, and focusing. There are also modes for walking, personal growth productivity, and other topics. The free version, which I have, leads new users to begin with the “Basics” section. It is in this Basics section that users can engage in daily practices towards mindfulness and meditation. It’s where you use your training wheels to pausing the noise of the world around you.

When I use the app consistently, I find that I am much more patient and less stressed. Since I am more than 1,100 miles away from my family and I have a seemingly never endless pile of things on my to-do list, managing my stress and exercising patience have grown in importance. Although the app is helpful, I must admit the first struggle is making the time to use it. If you can get past that barrier, you can be on your way to daily mindfulness practice.

Although Headspace is my favorite, it is not the only app option. There are apps similar to Headspace, including Calm and Aura, but I have not personally tested these applications. Since Headspace helps me to stay centered, I thought I would share this app with all of you as it is important that we individually and collectively do everything we can to take care of ourselves.

If an app doesn’t work for you, or you’re skeptical of my love for Headspace, you may still have options. Scan the web for resources such as free phone hotlines, virtual therapy, or even guided online meditation if you have access to a working phone and internet. If you can, give  more than one of these practices a try to see how you feel.

If nothing else, using an app like Headspace can help users to take 3, 5, or even 10 minutes to rest, reset, and recenter. Doing so will be useful for users not only right now but also in the long run. Give it a try, you’ve got nothing to lose but a little cellphone storage.

Note: Although she sings the praises of Headspace, the app has not paid nor developed a partnership with Dr. Williams.  All images used in this post are courtesy of the Headspace website.

________________________________

About the Author: Brittany M. Williams is an Assistant Professor of Higher Education at St. Cloud State University.

17 thoughts on “Use an App to Help With Stress Management

1. Although Headspace is my personal favorite, it is not the only app available. Calm and Aura are two apps that are similar to Headspace basket random, but I have not personally tested them.

2. It’s great that there are such applications, but in my opinion, you can get more benefit only from communicating with a professional therapist, this can be done even in an online format, read more about it. Of course, there are many such sites, so when choosing, I would rely only on the reviews of those who tried it.

3. Jaring88 adalah situs agen judi slot online terbaik dan terpercaya di Indonesia. Situs kami memiliki lisensi dan legalitas resmi serta didukung dengan banyaknya pilihan provider game judi slot terkenal di dunia.
    Situs gacor Jaring88 Agen Resmi dan terpercaya yang sangat sering memberikan kemenangan jackpot maxwin yang gampang sekali untuk para pemain menangkan. Julukan Gacor pun merupakan gabungan kata dari Gampang dan Bocor yang melambangkan suatu permainan slot itu gampang menang.

4. Situs Judi Online adalah situs terpercaya di Indonesia dan telah dipercaya oleh ratusan bahkan ribuan pemain yang bermain slot games dan g4mbling online di Indonesia.
    Daftar User ID Sekarang juga agar anda bisa memainkan banyak sekali jenis permainan yang tersedia dalam situs slot online Bigo88 nantinya, sehingga nantinya anda bisa menikmati berbagai kelebihan dan keuntungan dalam bermain.

5. Saat ini pilihan situs judi online yang menawarkan permainan judi slot online yang sangat banyak sekali. Namun jika kamu mencari salah satu pilihan situs Slot Online Indonesia dan mudah menang, tentu harus lakukan beberapa proses pencarian. Dalam hal ini sebaiknya kamu cari dan pilih pilihan situs resmi dan terpercaya dari Gaspoll88.

6. bambu99 merupakan situs slot Pragmatic uang asli yang telah terjamin kemenangannya,selain itu sangat banyak keuntungan yang bisa Anda dapatkan hanya dengan bermain Disitus Kami Hanya Menggunakan 1 user ID saja. bambu99 juga merupakan situs game online 2023 yang mempunya banyak permainan yang paling terbaru yang cocok buat kalian mainkan dan mudah di menagkan hadiah berupa uang tunai.

7. Selamat datang untuk para pecinta slot online Indonesia, dimana Agen Slot Online Madu88 akan merekomendasikan slot gacor dengan winrate terbaik 98%. Untuk bermain slot online di situs slot online sebenarnya bukan hal sulit yang harus dipikirkan.
    Agen Slot terpopuler Saat Ini di Tahun 2023 dan dijamin bisa maxwin, banyak scatter yang bisa Anda dapatkan ketika sedang memainkan slot game pada situs kami. Hanya dengan memainkan satu user ID saja.

8. Perjudian online sedang berkembang, dengan semakin banyak model C4sino baru yang hadir di bidang ini.Jika Anda ingin tahu apakah judi slot online ini aman, tidak perlu khawatir.,Karna Agen Kudebet hadir di tengah tengah anda yang sedang dalam kekhawatiran dalam bermain judi online. dengan hadir nya Kudabet Agen Slot Terpercaya Di Indonesia anda bisa bebas bermain slot dan juga game online lain nya,karna Kudabet Berkomitmen BERAPAPUN Player MENANG pasti akan di BAYAR.

9. Jika kalian sedang memilih situs judi online 24 jam yang selalu memberikan bonus yang besar kepada para pemainya, Dewataspin adalah satu-satunya. Kalian juga bisa memperoleh bonus dengan mudah dan cepat, jadi keuntungan yang bisa kalian peroleh bisa maksimal. Dewataspin memang selalu menjadi incaran para betor.

10. Thanks for sharing such useful topic about stress management app. Sitacure M 50/500 is prescribed to manage blood sugar levels in individuals diagnosed with type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is recommended to be taken in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise routine to enhance blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes.