Seven tips to creating a social media listening strategy
- Conduct a content audit.
- Analyze how and where you are sharing your content. Decide where you need to adjust.
- Determine your target audience and make sure you listen to them and pay attention to what they’re doing, too.
- Monitor for conversations around your brand and industry with online tools and TweetDeck.
- Pay attention to breaking news and leverage your own content appropriately.
- Join and monitor forums where people are talking about your brand. Respond when appropriate.
- Don’t be a robot. Listen to your target audience and those who are similar to your brand. Engage with them.