How-To Redesign Webinars: November and December of 2015
Each hour-long webinar will introduce one of NCAT’s recently published how-to guides followed by a case study of a highly successful course redesign. After a presentation, the lead faculty member will be available to answer questions and provide additional specifics about the redesign. The following topics and speakers are planned:
- November 10, 2015 at 1 pm EST: How To Redesign A College-Level or Developmental Math Course Using the Emporium Model. This seminar will showcase NCAT’s guide to redesigning a single math course using the Emporium Model and will include a case study of Louisiana State University’s redesign of College Algebra presented by Phoebe Rouse.
- December 8, 2015 at 1 pm EST: How To Redesign A Developmental Math Program Using the Emporium Model. This seminar will showcase NCAT’s guide to redesigning a developmental math program using the Emporium Model and will include a case study of Leeward Community College’s redesign of its four-course developmental math sequence presented by Eric Matsuoka.
You must register for each webinar, but there is no registration fee. Go to http://thencat.org/Webinars/2015Webinars.html to register for one or more of these webinars.
Videos of Prior Webinars
Videos of the following prior webinars may be accessed at http://www.theNCAT.org/Webinars/Webinars.html.
- Redesigning American History and European History at SUNY Potsdam
- Redesigning College Algebra at the University of Central Florida and the University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Redesigning Computing and Information Literacy at Arizona State University
- Redesigning developmental math at Cleveland State Community College, Chattanooga State Community College, Manchester Community College and Northwest-Shoals Community College
- Redesigning developmental math and English at Austin Peay State University
- Redesigning developmental reading at Northeast State Technical Community College
- Redesigning The Economic System at Buffalo State University
- Redesigning General Biology at Fairfield University
- Redesigning General Psychology at Frostburg State University and the University of New Mexico
- Redesigning Principles of Chemistry at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- Redesigning Science: Biology and Chemistry
- Redesigning statistics at Niagara County Community College
- Redesigning Women in Society at Arizona State University
- Getting Started on Course Redesign: examples of how redesign efforts began at both four- and two-year institutions