Parents, If Your Kids Have Any of These 10 Dangerous Apps, It’s Time to Hit “Delete”
You may be thinking your kids are downloading apps because they are just a simple way for them to keep in contact with their friends. This is certainly true for most kids, but unfortunately, even innocent use of most of these apps can land a kid in a situation he/she never intended to be in. Here are some potentially dangerous apps that are popular among kids:
2. Snapchat: This app allows a user to send photos and videos to anyone on his/her friend list.
3. Blendr: A flirting app used to meet new people through GPS location services.
4. Kik Messenger: An instant messaging app with over 100 million users that allows users to exchange videos, pics and sketches.
5. Whisper: Whisper is an anonymous confession app. It allows users to superimpose text over a picture in order to share their thoughts and feelings anonymously.
6. Ask.fm: Ask.fm is one of the most popular social networking sites that is almost exclusively used by kids.
7. Yik Yak: An app that allows users to post text-only “Yaks” of up to 200 characters.
9. Omegle: This app is primarily used for video chatting. When you use Omegle, you do not identify yourself through the service.
10. Down: This app, which used to be called Bang With Friends, is connected to Facebook