Five Types of Quizzes That Deepen Engagement with Course Content
By: Maryellen Weimer, PhD,
Tropman, E., (2014). In defense of reading quizzes. International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, 26 (1), 140-146.
Brame, C. J. and Biel, R., (2015). Test-enhanced learning: The potential for testing to promote greater learning in undergraduate science courses. Cell Biology Education—Life Sciences Education, 14 (Summer), 1-12.
Quizzing with resources
Quizzing after questioning
Online quizzes completed before class
Top Five Tips for Creating Training Quizzes
- Nine Training Alternatives to ‘Correct’ and ‘Incorrect’
- True or False? Using T/F Questions Is a Total Cop-Out
- Four Tips for Training Introverts
- Training Lessons from Seinfeld, Lesson 3: Do the Opposite
- Best Practices for Quizzing Your Workforce Online (Infographic)
More on the use of quizzes as a conversation starter and/or training tool (versus assessment tool) in this IMS blog