6 Ways to Feed Innovation in Your Library
04/19/17 Dian Schaffhauser
2014 Stanford Prize for Innovation in Research Libraries
Rising Star Award\
1) Play “Hopscotch” on Campus
a 360-degree projection space, getting ready to open a virtual reality studio with “room-scale” VR sporting Oculus Rift and Vive gear, the idea of the “graduate students’ commons,” with access limited to those students as well as faculty
2) Sometimes Innovation Just Comes Knocking
3) Hire People With New Ideas
Rather than innovation being directed from the top down, it bubbles from the bottom up.
4) Plan on “Making” Your Own Resources
5) Make Tech as Accessible as Possible
Another intention is to bring different disciplines together in the hopes of sparking new ideas.
6) Learn How to Tell the Story
more on academic library in this IMS blog