6 things you should never do on your work computer
Amy Elisa Jackson, Glassdoor Mar. 15, 2017, 10:45 AM
cyber security experts say that weaving your personal and professional lives together via a work laptop is risky business — for you and the company. Software technology company Check Point conducted a survey of over 700 IT professionals which revealed that nearly two-thirds of IT pros believed that recent high-profile breaches were caused by employee carelessness.
- DON’T: Save personal passwords in your work device keychain.
- DON’T: Make off-color jokes on messaging software.
- DON’T: Access free public wi-fi while working on sensitive material.
- DON’T: Allow friends or non-IT department colleagues to remotely access your work computer.
- DON’T: Store personal data.
- DON’T: Work on your side hustle while at the office.
more on privacy in this IMS blog
more on surveillance in this IMS blog: