Tech-enriched teaching can make all the difference
VR packs a powerful punch in learning
Google Expeditions can be a fairly inexpensive way to present content. Students who have smartphones (Android or iOS) can download the Google Cardboard app and Google Expeditions for free. VR glasses can improve the experience but are not required.
Ideas for using VR in class
- Do you teach biology? Take them on a tour of a virus or a cell.
- Are you a professor in the arts? Visit street art around the world or the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Are you a guidance or career counselor? Bring your students to Berklee College of Music or meet a robotics engineer or female firefighter in NYC.
- Astronomy professor? Send your students on the Juno mission to Jupiter or to experience the aurora borealis.
- Professors of education can build lessons with your students so they can teach elementary students about animal camouflage or take children on a tour of the Aztec and Mayan pyramids.
more on Google Expeditions in this IMS blog