MANAGING ONLINE COURSE WORKLOAD
E-learning missing pieces
Four Essential Principles of Blended Learning
1. EVERY SCHOOL NEEDS A VISION.
2. ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL.
3. DON’T LET SOFTWARE DICTATE LEARNING GOALS.
4. SUPPORT TEACHERS AND INCLUDE THEM IN DECISION-MAKING PROCESS.
Need assistance with restructuring your F2F course to hybrid and online one? Please consider us:
Contact us via social media:
IMS blog: http://blog.stcloudstate.edu/ims/
From F2F to distant learning: how does it happen?…
MOOC: what, how and why?…
Gamification of learning
how to restructure my syllabus from F2F to online/hybrid one….
Stoodle is a web application which allows you, without any download or registration, to create a quick classroom space. By sharing the URL of the classroom you can invite other participants. You can use microphone or text based chat, and upload files (images) to discuss.
- Location-based integration.
- The domination of ebooks.
- Cloud computing in schools.
- Bring-your-own-device classrooms.
- Online collaborative learning.
- The rise of the tablet.
- Online class management.
- Social media for education.
- Snack learning.
- Mobile learning in workplace training.
nSpire: iPAD app for math: evaluation
Free Pinterest-Style Education Service Hosts Common Core Teaching Aids
Read more at http://thejournal.com/articles/2013/11/13/free-pinterest-style-education-service-hosts-common-core-teaching-aids.aspx?admgarea=Features1#47RHZap101LWFKq5.99
In my opinion, this is very much the same like TeacherTube (http://www.teachertube.com/) as YouTube alternative. It is worth considering, but…
Mobile Learning Could Be Key in Achievement Gap Equation
Research tells us the following:
- Mobile phone ownership is highest in minority populations
- Social media use is highest and most valued in minority populations
- Online learning has its highest approval rate in minority populations
Teaching Online and Its Impact on Face-to-Face Teaching
Friday, Nov 8, 3:45 PM – 5:00 PM, 35-Minute Research Session B