[technology] MnSCU Special Interest Group – New October Webinar – Leveraging MnSCU MediaSpace Through Integration With Cloud-based Lecture Capture
Join us next Tuesday, October 27th from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM, for a special SIG Series webinar: Leveraging MnSCU MediaSpace Through Integration With Cloud-based Lecture Capture
Are you looking for a more affordable and sustainable way to capture classroom lectures? Or perhaps that is not even an option due to the on-going costs. Riverland recently replaced its Echo360 system by paring AV-to-IP encoders/decoders with a centrally located array of capture devices, which are integrated with MnSCU MediaSpace. This eliminates the need for a dedicated capture device in each room, as well as the on-going licensing costs of proprietary lecture capture systems. Join us as J.C. Turner shows us how the system works and how you can add this to your campus.
J.C. Turner, Ph.D., is the Director of Instructional Technology and Intellectual Property at Riverland Community College. He has more than 25 years of experience in higher ed, including 15 years of university teaching experience at the graduate and undergraduate levels in electronic media, information and telecommunications, video production, and multimedia authoring. He oversees the library and Office of Instructional Technology, and serves as Riverland’s intellectual property officer and Quality Matters coordinator.
Register for the webinar at http://www.eventbrite.com/o/minnesota-online-quality-initiative-7290950883. Please forward this invitation to others on your campus who might be interested.
Student’s relationship with technology is complex. They recognize its value but still need guidance when it comes to better using it for academics.
|Educause’s ECAR Study, 2013
|IMS faculty would be happy to meet with you or your group at your convenience.
Please request using this Google Form: http://scsu.mn/1OjBMf9 or
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
How you can reach us:
Services we provide:
- Instruct and collaborate with faculty, staff and students on specific computer, Cloud and mobile applications
- Assist faculty in course design and instruction to incorporate SCSU’s resources
- Join faculty in the classroom instructional design to assist students with learning technology application for the class
- Consult with faculty on instructional design issues, particularly those that use the World Wide Web, multimedia techniques and interactivity
- Collaborate with faculty, staff and students on technology-related projects
- Work with campus units in technology planning and acquisition
- Respond to faculty, staff and students requests and technology developments
VideoNotes (http://www.videonot.es/) is a free web tool that allows students to take notes on a video they are watching. The notes are synchronized with the video being watched. The good thing about VideoNotes is that it is integrated into Google Drive which means that students will be able to save their notes directly to their Drive account and access, edit, and work on them anytime they want. All the notes are time-stamped.
Using join.me to Help Library Patrons
MC 205 | 1:00pm – 2:00pm
Lecture Capture and D2L
Classroom Rresponse Systems (clickers) and D2L
RSS (podcasting) and D2L
Grading with Excel and D2L
Alternatives to D2L
Register for the 1:00pm session at (not required):
- on Twitter: @SCSUtechInstruc | #techworkshop
Suggestions? Ideas? Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org