All the above games have physics in common but they’re also all in 2D. If students love these games, consider challenging them with 3D and even 4D games that put physics knowledge to the test. Valve’s Portal series is a great choice, or look into the equally mind-bending first-person games Antichamber or Quantum Conundrum, both of which go beyond the boundaries of Newtonian physics and Euclidean geometry.
3 Free Communication Tools to Communicate with Students’ Parents.
ClassDojo = Check out this guide to learn more about ClassDojo.
SchoolCircle – Learn more about SchoolCirlce from this review.
Remind – Check out this guide to learn more about Remind.
3 ways mobile can grow your business
1. Go mobile or bust
to grow your business, it’s important that you create a mobile-optimized website.It’s not hard. It’s not expensive. Get it done.
2. Focus on mobile advertising
you’ll need to consider advertising on those popular sites that people are visiting.
3. Accept there will be an app for that, and embrace it
In order to grow, you’re going to equip them [service employees] with tablets that run all sorts of applications they’ll need to use to get their jobs done.
How Social Media Is Being Used In Education
Here is also an IMS blog entry about the use of Twitter in education:
12 Embarrassing Gadgets And Apps You Should Stop Using
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/embarrassing-gadgets-2014-4?op=1#ixzz30I03rggb
Not sure if Google Glass will go into oblivion (but it might, considering that it ALSO tethers with a mobile device as the vanishing Blackberry tablet), but smart phones definitely are taking over.
Please join us in exploring our mobile devices.
Minutes from the April 23, 2014 meeting
Pamela, Greg, Rachel and Plamen met at 3pM in MC 205 and discussed:
- different OS and gadgets – iOS, Windows Surface, Android Galaxy, Kindle
the differences. We determined that it is up to the user which one she/he prefers.
- what can be frustrating
Android – more difficult to organize. For an novice it is more difficult
- WIndows Surface come with Office and Surface has a mouse pointer and USB port, which makes easy connect external mouse.
- Pamela will buy different types of dongles (USB, VGA) for iOS, Android Galaxy and WIndows and they will be available to loan from the dean’s office.
- Siri, consensus on the poor quality. Cortana on WIndows is to be seen. Somebody on campus using Siri to text. Google Now is the Siri equivalent.
- Google Glass. waste of money? it has potential thought. battery is very limited. we are not sure if it connects to iPAD
- meet once a month. ask what worked from the last group and what didn’t to determine what can be discussed. Carol Rose has an app for passwords. How many people do NOT have access to a mobile device. What people do here, work related stuff (email, notes, calendar). A coordinator of this group monitoring free apps and suggesting to be tested in LRS. List from the former group with the apps for iOS, Android, Windows.
Log in your questions, suggestions and helpful information.
Plamen Miltenoff and Tom Hergert
Contact us via social media:
IMS blog: http://blog.stcloudstate.edu/ims/
Google +: https://plus.google.com/u/0/115966710162153290760/posts/p/pub
50 Stunning Mobile Statistics