Of the three platforms, Snapchat is the one marketers may have the most difficult time getting a grip on. The tools are intended to produce clips that are less polished than creatives are used to and the platform isn’t designed for reach.
Vine is the newest of the three platforms, though many learned of it before Snapchat gained more mainstream attention last year. Vine videos are often whimsical and some even seem effortless, but the most popular users may spend hours or even days creating memorable stop motion videos.
Many of the world’s top brands are now on Instagram and for good reason. The social network has more than 200 million users, integrates well with its parent company Facebook and lends itself more to the types of professional photographs and 15-second video spots that marketers are accustomed to.
Increase Instagram Visibility
#1: Highlight User-Generated Content
#2: Keep Your Online Personality Intact
#3: Use Hashtags for Listening and Reach
#4: Show Off Your Talents
#5: Combine Your Social Channels
8 Simple Ways to Get Great Media Exposure
1. Build Your Media Network
2. Leverage Twitter for Pitching
3. Get in Front of Industry Influencers
4. Optimize Your Visual Assets
5. Plan a Series
6. Syndicate Your Blog Content
7. Target International Press
8. Don’t Forget Traditional Media
In addtion to this blog (https://blog.stcloudstate.edu/ims)
and Twitter: @scsutechinstruc
please follow us and let us follow you regrading relevant information in the world of educational technology:
Social Teaching by Design: 6 Assignment Ideas
online photo editor
Google Hangout +
Pinterest: pinboard annotated bibliography
5 Creative Ways to Drive More Traffic to Your Blog Posts
Promote Your Article Across a “Wider” Variety of Platforms
Here are some examples of smaller networks:
- Quora.com—A question/answer-based website founded by two former Facebook employees. What makes Quora unique is that all content is created, edited and organized by its user community. The user base tends to be more business- and academic-oriented.
- Tumblr—A microblogging site that recently made headlines when Yahoo! acquired it. Its user base tends to be younger and more “hip,” making it the perfect platform to share edgier, niche-based content.
- Empire Avenue—Part social network, part social media marketing tool, Empire Avenue uses gamification to enable users to broadcast content across all of the other social networks. The primary members of EAv are small businesses, social media professionals and blogger
Grab Viewer Interest With Different Types of Media
promote your posts with images, audio and video.
#1: Use Dubbler to Give a Short Audio Introduction
#2: Create a 6-Second Preview of Your Post with Vine
#3: Create a SlideShare Overview of Your Post
#4: Pin Your Post to a Pinterest Group Board
#5: Instagram an Image From Your Post
Some 13-Year-Olds Tell Us Why They Think Facebook Stinks
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/why-tweens-and-teens-think-facebook-stinks-2013-11#ixzz2jcxYYSSr
now that he has a phone, he would rather check out other cooler options, like Snapchat, Vine, and Instagram.
words are less important than images and videos
“I wouldn’t de-activate,” Aidan said. “It’s still a way to connect, I just won’t check it often.”