1) Codecademy – http://www.codecademy.com/
2) Lifehacker – http://lifehacker.com/
Lifehacker posts about tips and hacks to make your life easier. I frequently learn about tweaks or new software from this blog.
3) The Librarian in Black – http://librarianinblack.net/
If you haven’t read Sarah Houghton’s blog, you really should. Sarah posts about issues in libraries and frequently touches on technology. She is not afraid to voice controversial opinions.
4) Teleread – http://www.teleread.com/
Teleread covers news related to ebooks and online publishing. The blog also includes a section specific to libraries, so you can easily find relevant library news and stories.
5) Mashable – http://mashable.com/social-media/
Mashable posts news about social media and other Web 2.0 systems. Click on the Social Media tag to bypass the entertainment stories.
6) Not Safe! [for Libraries] – http://ns4lib.com/
Michael Schofield posts about web design specifically with libraries in mind.
7) In the Library with the Lead Pipe – http://www.inthelibrarywiththeleadpipe.org
Although not specific to technology issues, In the Library with the Lead Pipe posts peer reviewed journal articles that challenge many preconceptions of librarianship.
8) ReadWrite – http://readwrite.com/
Formerly ReadWriteWeb, ReadWrite posts the latest tech news in a highly digestible way that is friendly towards non-techies.
9) Agnostic, Maybe – http://agnosticmaybe.wordpress.com/
Andy Woodworth blogs about libraries, technology and life as a librarian in New Jersey. I especially enjoy reading his opinions on ebooks and licensing.
10} ALA Techsource – http://www.alatechsource.org/blog
Last, but not least, the ALA Techsource blog provides updates on technology news and initiatives that are occurring in other libraries.
I hope that this list gave you some new reading material! Which technology blogs do you recommend? Join the conversation on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groupItem?view=&gid=4112382&type=member&item=215928370