Getting Started with MediaSpace v5 (PDF attachment)
From: Todd Digby <Todd.Digby@so.mnscu.edu>
Date: Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:52 AM
To: Todd Digby <Todd.Digby@so.mnscu.edu>
Subject: MnSCU Mediaspace Update – New Version – New URL
Hello MnSCU Mediaspace user,
We have upgraded MediaSpace systems and now have a new permanent address for MnSCU MediaSpace http://mediaspace.mnscu.edu
You will also see that there have been some changes to this version from the previous version. Just use your StarID to login, all you existing videos will be available in the site. There are a few new features in this version of Mediaspace. I have also updated the getting started document that I originally distributed to make adjustments for the new version. Once we are confident that you have made the transition to the new version, we will start broadening the use to other campuses and to faculty / staff use. Expect more announcements to come over the next couple weeks.
Direct links to videos can now be used. The steps to follow
- Click on your Video title from your My Media listing
- Click on the Action button (below the video player box, to the right)
- Select “+ Publish”
- Chance the privacy settings to “Unlisted”
- Click on the “Share” button
- Copy link and send out.
Embedding can use an Iframe or the standard legacy embed.
- The embedding feature will now have the necessary security measures in place so that the D2L mixed content issues will not be present.
Downloading a copy of the video
- You can now download a copy of the video from MediaSpace. If you are the owner of the video, when you select the “Edit” screen for the video, the player will have a “Download” option in the middle of the screen. This will allow an MPEG moving file to be downloaded to your workstation. This is only available in the “Edit” screen player, so only the owner of the video will have the ability to download it from MediaSpace.
Todd R. Digby
System Director of Academic Technology
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
30 7th St. E., Suite 350 | St. Paul, MN 55101-7804 | 651-201-1812 l 612-803-4922 (cell)
email@example.com | http://www.asa.mnscu.edu/academictechnology