Content Authoring Tool RFP Oral Presentation – SoftChalk
February 8, 2016
12:30 PM – 3:00 PM
Wells Fargo Place, St. Paul, MN – Conference Room 3309
Or via WebEx: https://mnscu.webex.com/mnscu/j.php?MTID=mee30758fc5694b4e192e4f0b8d6780d5
Meeting number: 637 779 556
Meeting password: mnscu_rfp
|12:30 PM – 12:40 PM||Introductions and overview of MnSCU Content Authoring Tool pilot project
|12:40 PM – 1:20 PM||Overview of SoftChalk’s product and functionality; highlighting product’s distinctive competencies, general functions such as authoring, publishing, integration with D2L Brightspace or other LMSs
|1:20 PM – 1:40 PM||Addressing of RFP Review Committee Follow-Up Questions (see list below)
|1:40 PM – 2:00 PM||General Q&A|
|2:00 PM – 2:20 PM||Demonstration of use by persons with disabilities (how the product works for authors and users with disabilities)
|2:20 PM – 2:40 PM||Exploration of hosting options and security questions follow-up
|2:40 – 3:00 PM||Contracting and cost proposal discussion
RFP Committee Follow-Up Questions
- Vision and Future Development
- As part of the demonstration, please show us SoftChalk’s current editor. When will the new version be available?
- Demonstrate how the community features work to allow collaboration now and what is being proposed for the future?
- Demonstrate and explain how content sharing works
- Demonstrate and explain the eReader function
- What is being developed by way of improved analytics functions to enable greater analysis of student score results?
- Content Creation – Gamification
- Will there be any development in the area of badging or other gamificatIon features, not just certification?
- Content Creation – Audio and Video Recording
- Do they foresee this ever being a possibility to add this? And area there closed captioning features within
- We need to understand the private cloud administrator’s role
- Internet Browser Access and System Requirements
- When will they support Edge (Windows 10)?