Important Copyright Topics at Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
Gary Hunter ASA System Director for Policy, Procedure, and Intellectual Property
October 24, 2017 Koffee with Karen Webinar
Koffee with Karen (Copyright) 10.24.2017-1kjgygr
more on copyright in this IMS blog:
Content Authoring Tool RFP Oral Presentation – SoftChalk
February 8, 2016
12:30 PM – 3:00 PM
Wells Fargo Place, St. Paul, MN – Conference Room 3309
Or via WebEx: https://mnscu.webex.com/mnscu/j.php?MTID=mee30758fc5694b4e192e4f0b8d6780d5
Meeting number: 637 779 556
Meeting password: mnscu_rfp
|12:30 PM – 12:40 PM
||Introductions and overview of MnSCU Content Authoring Tool pilot project
|12:40 PM – 1:20 PM
||Overview of SoftChalk’s product and functionality; highlighting product’s distinctive competencies, general functions such as authoring, publishing, integration with D2L Brightspace or other LMSs
|1:20 PM – 1:40 PM
||Addressing of RFP Review Committee Follow-Up Questions (see list below)
|1:40 PM – 2:00 PM
|2:00 PM – 2:20 PM
||Demonstration of use by persons with disabilities (how the product works for authors and users with disabilities)
|2:20 PM – 2:40 PM
||Exploration of hosting options and security questions follow-up
|2:40 – 3:00 PM
||Contracting and cost proposal discussion
RFP Committee Follow-Up Questions
- Vision and Future Development
- As part of the demonstration, please show us SoftChalk’s current editor. When will the new version be available?
- Demonstrate how the community features work to allow collaboration now and what is being proposed for the future?
- Demonstrate and explain how content sharing works
- Demonstrate and explain the eReader function
- What is being developed by way of improved analytics functions to enable greater analysis of student score results?
- Content Creation – Gamification
- Will there be any development in the area of badging or other gamificatIon features, not just certification?
- Content Creation – Audio and Video Recording
- Do they foresee this ever being a possibility to add this? And area there closed captioning features within
- We need to understand the private cloud administrator’s role
- Internet Browser Access and System Requirements
- When will they support Edge (Windows 10)?
We are experiencing some data base blocks on the D2L system that are affecting response times for users. The recent blocks occurred between 10:21 and 10:40. Users were unable to login, or got internal errors, or very slow response times for navigating in D2L.
The problems have been intermittent, with users getting fast responses after the blockage ends.
Our system admins are investigating the situation.
We will keep you posted on the status of system performance. Please continue to report any issues you experience.
Karen Wenz, IMS System Site Administrator
MnSCU System Office