Are Q&A startups a threat to Google?
– The Internet
– Google Scholar https://scholar.google.com/
– blogs, listservs etc (Web 2.0)
– social media
– YouTube https://www.youtube.com/ and similar
– e.g. SCSU streaming : http://www.stcloudstate.edu/library/research/video.aspx
– Q&A plaforms such as Quora https://www.quora.com/, AskScience https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/, Medium, PeerPong and similar
– Reddit https://www.reddit.com/, Digg http://digg.com/ , StackExchange http://stackexchange.com/ , Mahalo Company, Kngine.com and similar
– Google Search, Yahoo Answers and similar
– Facebook groups, LinkedIn groups and similar
– SlideShare https://www.slideshare.net/ and similar
more on the research process in this IMS blog:
Twitter starts showing search results by relevance, not reverse chronological order
more about Twitter in this IMS blog
is very similar to using advanced search in your SCSU online databases:
Searching successfully Twitter is one of the techniques to mine Twitter and grow your audience:
3 Things You Didn’t Know You Can Do on Pinterest
Tag People in Comments
Pinterest may not be the most popular when it comes to direct communication between consumers and brands, but it is still worth your time to respond to and engage with your audience. When responding to a comment or commenting on a Pin yourself, Pinterest allows you to tag a user (as long as you’re following them). Of course this feature is not new or unique, but on Pinterest it’s not as commonly used.
Use Hashtags for Exclusivity
Pinterest does not support hashtags the way it once did, which means they are still clickable, but search results will include other pins. Those pins will have the same words in their description, link address or file name. To make the most of hashtags on Pinterest, the best approach would be to make one that is unique. Whether it’s for a campaign or exclusive promotion, Pinterest hashtags are best for exclusivity – if you’re more interested in SEO, keywords are the way to go.
Pinterest Source Tool
With Pinterest’s Source Tool, you can easily see what people are pinning from your website and from your competitor’s (or any website for that matter). All you have to do is type in http://www.pinterest.com/source/WEBSITE _DOMAIN_HERE and a list of pins will show up. This tool can help provide some basic insight into popular products and (my note) information