14 Video Tools for Social Media
use to create screencasts, montages and slideshows.
Mari Smith December 7, 2015
Facebook gives priority to native videos (as opposed to video links to external sources) to encourage this type of content. Videos that are directly uploaded to Facebook perform better and provide a better experience. They receive 30% more video views than videos posted from other websites, and have images up to 11 times larger in the news feed.
Screencasts / Lecture Capture
- Camtasia Studio
- ScreenFlow (Apple/Mac)
- TechSmith Fuse works with Camtasia Studio and Snagit. Capture the images and videos on your mobile device and send them to your desktop to use in your videos.
- Reflector by Squirrels allows you to do wireless mirroring, so you can display your smartphone screen (Android or iOS) on your desktop.
Video Montages on Desktop and Mobile Apps
- Magisto is a free app that automatically turns your everyday videos and photos into movies
- Adobe Voice. The app is available only for iPad
Mobile video capture
- Flipagram. You can record voice narration, choose from Flipagram’s music or upload 15 seconds of music you already have on your mobile device.
- Diptic app is another video tool for making collages that has a newly added animation feature, which works with transitions
- Boomerang is a new app from Instagram that takes a burst of photographs and stitches them together into a 1-second video and loops it forward and backward. It’s not an animated GIF, but it’s designed to look like one.
More about lecture capture in this blog: http://blog.stcloudstate.edu/ims/?s=capture&submit=Search
More about video in this blog: http://blog.stcloudstate.edu/ims/?s=video&submit=Search
More about effective presentations and slideshows in this blog: http://blog.stcloudstate.edu/ims/?s=presentations&submit=Search
The 5 Best Free Slideshow Presentation and Creation Tools for Teachers
A List of 20 Free Tools for Teachers to Create Awesome Presentations and Slideshows ~ Educational Technology and Mobile Learning
It Offers users the ability to upload and share publicly or privately PowerPoint presentations, Word documents and Adobe PDF Portfolios.
2- Animoto ( no option for collaboration)
Animoto turns your photos and video clips into professional video slideshows in minutes.
VUVOX allows you to create interactive slideshows and presentations from photos, video and music from Flickr, Picasa Web Albums, YouTube, Facebook and more.
Knovio gives life to static slides and with a simple click you will be able to turn them into rich video and audio presentations that you can share with your friends and colleagues via email or popular social media websites. Knovio does not require any software installation or download, it is all web based.
Ahead is a great presentation tool for educators. It works in such a way that it instantly transforms your layouts into a zooming presentation. Check it out its is great.
HelloSlide is a cool web tool that allows its users to create awesome slides together with voice narration.
Jux is one of the best showcase for your stories. You can embed videos and photos from your hard drive or from a URL.
Slidestaxx is a great presentation tool. It allows its users to create amazing social media slideshows. You can now gather media from different sources and put them together in an engaging slideshow using Slidestaxx to embed it in your blog, website or wiki.
It allows its users to record and share their presentations using their webcams.
is a free online service that allows it users to create media rich slideshows.What i like the most about this tool is the fact that it supports background music .Integrating audio into photo slideshows makes them quite engaging and presentable
16- Zoho Show
“Best Presentations of the Decade”
8 Best PowerPoint Presentations: How to Create Engaging Presentations
Make PowerPoint Presentations Using Movie Maker
Creating Presentations in Windows Movie Maker
How to Make a PowerPoint video presentation in Windows Movie Maker
Using Windows Movie Maker to Edit or Compile Media for Use with Presentations and Classroom Activities
Create Interactive Infographics
Kizoa is neat but expensive. It does most of what iMovie does, including direct posting to social media. However, one needs to pay in order to do that.