Welcome to LIB 290: Social Media and Global Issues

Plamen

Welcome everyone to the LIB 290 Blog.

This is the main (home) page, of which I am in charge.
You will be able to set up and maintain your own blog, as part of this one.
Please do not hesitate to contact me, if you have issues/questions about the setup. Below, are directions and expectations regarding your blog and the successful completion of this assignment

Directions to creating and maintaining your blog
1. a blog is a tool to reflect and archive in chronological order your thoughts, findings, feelings etc. It allows comments from your peers; images, hyperlinks to documents etc.
2. Throughout this semester, you will be using your blog to reflect your thoughts, findings, feelings etc. related to the content ” social media” and “global issues.” You are most welcome to reflect the content of other classes and/or personal interests, but your goal will be to learn how to connect your blog content related to this class with other social media tools (e.g. LIB 290 FB and/or Twitter) and other communication tools (e.g. D2L discussion forum).
3. You will be making choices which of your daily blog entries are suitable for re-posting on the LIB 290 social media.
4. You will be making choices when to use your blog entries as a reference in your LIB290 FB and/or Twitter entries (e.g. using an embedded YouTube video from your blog)
5. In order to consider your blog activity for grading, you must have at least 4 weekly blog entries, whereas each of the entries must be daily (versus all four in one day)
6. Successful completion of your blog requirements is part of of the weekly discussion rubric and it is graded accordingly

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

4 thoughts on “Welcome to LIB 290: Social Media and Global Issues

1. The information above does not give me instructions on how to start a blog, such as where to go, a specific website, etc.

1. go up to the left hand corner and either log in or go to update profile. Start there. Then you will see dashboard part to work on

2. Good morning folks,
    I will be copying this information formally via D2L, but seeking your feedback first here.
    Devey rightfully noticed in her comment to the blog http://blog.stcloudstate.edu/lib290/2016/12/21/welcome/ that she lacks specific directions on starting “her” blog.
    Tomorrow, when i get to work, i will see if i can help with better directions. For the time being, please try the following:
    1. Go to the blog: http://blog.stcloudstate.edu/lib290/
    2. Locate the navbar of the blog (black ribbon on the top of the blog)
    3. Hover with the mouse over the name (LIB 290 Social Media and GLobal Issues) of the blog in the navbar : that will scroll down a menu.
    4. Choose “Dashboard” from that menu
    5. After the dashboard appears on the left side of your screen (see attached snapshot), please locate “My class” and hover with your mouse over it, which will open another scroll bar, where you will click “Join a class”
    6. Use your STAR ID to join the class
    7. Please consider that since I am the organizer of the blog, my setup might be looking differently from your setup; as shared above, I requested a more comprehensive instructions about the way students can join the blog.
    Thank you for your patience