just a gentle reminder you are several days away from your final project.
I urge you to share with me your drafts, before final submission; your papers always have room for improvement.
I also encourage you to exchange final drafts with your peers and seek their feedback.
Good afternoon everyone,
1. your grades for the first draft of your final project are posted.
2. if you have not submitted your first draft and you want to have shot of possible 40 points (50 minus delayed submission), please let me know
3. Main take outs from the first draft:
– avoid complex sentences; break them into shorter and simpler ones – it helps your thoughts transpire
– Avoid “that,” “where,” “who” in addition to “thing, get, put and stuff”
– use synonyms (expand your vocabulary)
– work on the paper structure: identify your main points; transition from one point to another; bring evidence to support your points
4. Your next draft is due April 14. Please keep in mind that I am accepting “early” drafts and will provide feedback “for free” (no reflection on the grade)