you are not working toward your next draft for your final project.
As shared with you, your next draft will be a process of redrafting several times your manuscript.
I also shared with you the most common areas in a need of improvement, as well as personal notes for each of you with suggestions regarding your areas of improvement.
Please have the following links with specific directions to proofread your manuscript during your process of redrafting.
You are strongly encouraged to seek the guidance and support of the Write Center during this process.
Good afternoon everyone,
1. your grades for the first draft of your final project are posted.
2. if you have not submitted your first draft and you want to have shot of possible 40 points (50 minus delayed submission), please let me know
3. Main take outs from the first draft:
– avoid complex sentences; break them into shorter and simpler ones – it helps your thoughts transpire
– Avoid “that,” “where,” “who” in addition to “thing, get, put and stuff”
– use synonyms (expand your vocabulary)
– work on the paper structure: identify your main points; transition from one point to another; bring evidence to support your points
4. Your next draft is due April 14. Please keep in mind that I am accepting “early” drafts and will provide feedback “for free” (no reflection on the grade)