SPRING 2019: OER WORKSHOPS AT THE UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
All OER workshops will be held in MC 205, on the second floor of the University Library.
All members of the campus community are welcome to attend.
Subscribe and contribute to the OER blog: http://blog.stcloudstate.edu/OER/
Mon Feb 18, 3 pm – 4 pm: Creative Commons
- Find out how Creative Commons helps students, artists, musicians, writers, filmmakers, teachers, and researchers of all disciplines.
Tue Feb 26, 2 pm – 3 pm: Introduction to OER Publishing
- Where, how, and why to create, publish, and disseminate OERs.
Tue Mar 12, 11 am – 12 pm: Free CC Licensed, and Public Domain Media
- Stay legal! Where to find—and how to cite–awesome images, photos, music, and videos that you have the right to use in presentations and publications.
Thu Mar 21: SAVE THE DATE: Minn State OER Symposium—information TBA
- A system-wide conversation organized by the Minnesota State Educational Innovations team about how to advance open educational resources and affordable textbooks on your campus.
Tue Mar 26, 2 pm – 3 pm: First Steps to OER: Creating a Wikipedia Entry
- Examples of how the world uses Wikipedia as a teaching tool. You can too!
Wed Apr 10, 3 pm – 4 pm: Should I Publish in Open Repositories?
- Maximize your audience! Explore publishing options for research, presentations, and creative works.
Mon Apr 15, 3 pm – 4 pm, How to Publish OER: My First Steps
- Brainstorm your ideas, plan and select a platform to publish.
Please contact Rachel Wexelbaum, Collection Management Librarian, at email@example.com
and Plamen Miltenoff, InforMedia Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information about the program schedule.