Kathy and I met with Dr. Ding, from Hanban, while the group traveled to the Temple of Heaven. We really wanted to bring the group to Shepherd’s Field Orphanage, because the staff asked if we could provide training on how to communicate better with the children who are deaf. Hanban has been very supportive of our work in Deaf Education so I feel positive we will be approved to go before the end of our trip.

The group had a great time at Temple of Heaven. Here are some pictures they shared with me.

We met the group after they finished touring the Temple of Heaven and started the 2-hour bus ride to the Great Wall.

Once we arrived to the entrance of the great wall of China we stopped for Subway sandwiches. It was a long walk to get to the trolley that would take us up to the great wall.

The trolley ride was amazing. You could see the great wall for miles and miles.

Once we arrived at the top of the entrance we still had a ways to walk before we actually climbed on the wall. It felt like a really long journey but it probably was only about a 20 minute walk. Once on the wall the site was just breathtaking. The thought of how much history had happened right where I was standing was amazing.

After being on the wall for some time we took group photos in our St. Cloud State T-shirts and started the trek back to the bus. 

This was my 1st visit to the wall and it was amazing! I LOVE China!

After leaving the great wall we drove back to Beijing and went to the Haidilao Hot Pot restaurant. Hot Pot is always so much fun! It took three tables to accommodate our large group for dinner. The food and conversation was great!