Calling all students!!
Do you want to get published? You have the opportunity to do so through our campus publication, Upper Mississippi Harvest! You don’t even have to submit a written piece; photographs and artwork is accepted as well!
- Personal narratives are always very interesting reads!
- Maybe you have a cultural or media critique?
- Are you working on creating a graphic novel or comic book?
- Poetry is always a great option!
- Are you a photographer? Submit some of your shots!
The following about submissions is taken directly from the Upper Mississippi Harvest website:
Our submission deadline each year is Oct. 31. To be eligible for submission, you should be enrolled in at least one credit during any of the following semesters: the previous spring or summer, or the current fall term.
Include your name and the title(s) of your work in the body of the email. Only the title of the work should appear on each piece submitted.
- Poetry: 1-5 pieces per person, typed.
- Short Fiction/Nonfiction: 1-3 pieces per person. Maximum 3,500 words per piece, typed and double spaced.
- Drama (monologues, short script excerpts): 1-3 pieces per person. Maximum 10 pages per piece. Formatted appropriately.
- Photography/Art/Comics: 1-5 pieces per person. Black and white and full-color submissions accepted.
Failure to meet any of the guidelines may result in disqualification. We reserve the right to reject any submission. Faculty members enrolled in classes are not eligible for publication.
All submissions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.