Foundations for Writing

SCSU Site for English 191

“The Hopefulness and Hopelessness of 1619”

| 3 Comments

The Atlantic explores the historical significance of 1619  in “The Hopefulness and Hopelessness of 1619: Marking the 400-year African American struggle to survive and to be free of racism” (https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/08/historical-significance-1619/596365/).  Here’s the lead for the article:

Her name was Angela, one of the first known Africans in British North America.

His name was John, the first known antiblack racist in colonial America.

In 1619, this black woman and white man—what they embody—arrived months apart in 12-year-old Virginia, the first of the 13 British colonies that became the United States. Angela was the original embodiment of enslavement, of survival, of the 400-year African American struggle to survive, to be free of racism. John was the original embodiment of elite white male power, of the democracy of racists, of its 400-year struggle to survive, to be free of anti-racism.

The article also begins with this image and in the image source information reflects upon the use of the image in the fight to abolish slavery in the 18th century.

The unattributed oil painting titled ‘Am I not a Man and a Brother’ that was used in the 18th century as a symbol during the fight to abolish slavery is displayed at the Wilberforce House Museum in Hull, Britain, July 4, 2019. The painting is based on an 1787 anti-slavery design produced by British potter Josiah Wedgwood. The widely available image was reproduced on a range of items, including plates, bowls, hat pins and snuff boxes. August 2019 marks 400 years since the slave trade to North America began. Picture taken July 4, 2019. REUTERS/Russell Boyce NO ARCHIVES NO RESALES – RC1C349723C0

3 Comments

1. I agree with your statement that need to constantly improve your tactics. In doing so, I try to use new fancy fonts. There is always something to update and improve. I implement a lot of new things thanks to the ideas on the resource masterbundles.com Like the idea of ​​using a fancy handwritten font is an opportunity to grab the viewer’s attention. This moment of opportunity is very important when designing a business card, logo or presentation. I recommend using this too.

2. I think an important stage of any business is a quality marketing policy. For example, using a social media platform. This quality site offers unlimited accounts that you can use for your business or developer needs. At the same time, marketing activities will be cost-effective for you and save time.

3. Thank you. I read this article, it was not only interesting, but also useful. To be honest, I really liked the writing style of this article. I would also like to learn how to transfer my thoughts onto paper with the same talent. But for now I only dream about it, the ghost writer scientific paper helps me out. These experienced authors offer articles without plagiarism. They really write texts from scratch. Each article includes original content, in-depth analysis, and new perspectives on issues. My teacher gave me high marks.