When to gamify?
I happened to hear a gamification expert talk, and he pointed out some rules about what he termed ‘goal science’. He had five pillars:
- that clear goals makes people feel connected and aligns the organization
- that working on goals together (in a competitive sense 😉 makes them feel supported
- that feedback helps people progress in systematic ways
- that the tight loop of feedback is more personalized
- that choosing challenging goals engages people
More on gamification in this IMS blog