End of Year Burnout: How to Finish the Marathon in Stride
Four tips for how to keep going strong all the way to the end of the year.
By Maurice J. Elias May 20, 2014
Cary Cherniss, whose book Beyond Burnout
1. Reconnect your kids and with your kids: Not your students—your kids.
2. Share your interests: Talk to them about things that interest you.
3. Talk about the summer
4. Engage and encourage their aspirations and dreams
Ready to quit? Practical advice for when burnout takes hold
By: Lauren Hamby
Five Ways to Fight Burnout at Work
1. Remember your purpose.
2. Be intentional about who you spend time with.
3. Ask for help if you need it.
4. Be a lifelong learner.
5 Things You Can Do To Avoid Teacher Stress And Burnout
1. Bust Teacher Burnout with a Mental Health Day
2. Better Boundaries Help Stop Teacher Burnout
3. Be Realistic to Avoid Burnout
4. Practice Good Mental Health Habits Daily
5. Be Aware of Your Stress and Stop It Fast
10 Steps for Avoiding Teacher Burnout
STEP #1) HAVE FUN DAILY WITH YOUR STUDENTS
STEP #2) TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH
STEP #3) LEARN SOMETHING NEW AND SHARE IT WITH YOUR STUDENTS
STEP #4) HELP ANOTHER TEACHER
STEP #5) MAKE SOMEONE’S DAY
STEP #6) LIGHTEN UP
STEP #7) BE A SCIENTIST
STEP #8) LOOK FOR THE POSITIVE
STEP #9) REDECORATE
STEP #10) TRUST STUDENTS MORE
more on burnout in this IMS blog