You are invited to participate in the “First Annual SCSU Technology in Teaching and Learning Summer Institute” co-sponsored by the Center for Continuing Studies, InfoMedia Services and the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
When? Monday, May 13 – Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Where? Miller Center
Space is limited to 75 participants. Registration is required and can be completed at this link: http://www.eventbrite.com/org/3606333855
The Institute program is available here: http://web.stcloudstate.edu/informedia/cetl/tech_institute_schedule.docx
Participants are eligible for incentive awards to support their teaching with technology. Please see the attachment, “participant incentives.”
The goal of the SCSU Technology in Teaching and Learning Summer Institute and its follow-up sessions is to provide high quality and effective pedagogical strategies, skills and discussions around the use of technology for teaching and learning in online, face-to-face and blended courses. This Institute is part of our on-going varied and collaborative efforts to foster a professional peer learning climate around teaching and learning with technology.
Participants who attend all sessions on both days including the follow-ups and complete all evaluations will have the opportunity to use their self-assessment of current skills and knowledge of technology and select sessions in order to:
• Acquire basic and advanced skills in using the current Learning Management System, i.e. D2L
• Distinguish the appropriate use of pedagogical strategies with technology in online, face-to-face and blended settings
• Explore opportunities to improve student learning through application of e-conferencing tools (e.g. Adobe Connect), and Web 2.0 tools such as social media, etc.
• Meet and interact with faculty and staff experts and mentors and learn the processes by which they can get additional and on-going support for each of the above areas.
Please register no later than Wednesday May 8.
“Full-time faculty and full-time professional staff with teaching responsibilities who participate in both days of the “Summer Institute” and complete the evaluations will be rewarded with a $300 coupon for a one-time purchase of material that directly supports teaching with technology at the SCSU Computer Store in the Miller Center. Faculty who participate in one of the two days will receive a $150 coupon for the same purpose. Coupons are not transferable.
Please remember that the items purchased remain the property of SCSU but may be used by the purchaser to support their teaching and related academic activities.
Upon completion of the “Summer Institute” participants will be contacted by the SCSU Online Office to verify level of participation in the institute and verify eligibility for funds. These funds must be spent by June 15, 2013.”
Clarification on Presenters Registration
- Presenters do not have to register unless they want to attend both days.
- If presenters are not going to participate in sessions other than the one(s) they are presenting but want to eat lunch with us on either day please contact me directly so we can add you to the lunch count and identify any dietary needs