Welcome to our tenth week of class.
Before we move toward the readings, discussions, and assignments for week 10, let’s overview quickly our week 9 activities.
We are still making an effort to brainstorm on Facebook and discuss on D2L Discussion (minipaper) important current events concerning social media on a global scale as well as theoretical issues. Home and class assignments, however, are very hands-on oriented and aim to arm you with multimedia skills to create visually enhanced final project.
At the same time, we are slowly shifting our time, energy and efforts forward the final project. Your first draft was due March 15 and your second draft is coming soon.
In the next tenth week, we will continue to hone our multimedia skills, but we also want to explore the idea of gaming and gamification as one of the venues to enhance the impact of your social media strategy. You are most welcome to contribute to the offered literature, with your own findings and ideas; e.g. did you play Farmville on Facebook and how did you think it impacted your social media engagement? Have you considered promoting/selling ideas/items via social media? How do you think involving your followers/customers with games will impact your efforts?
In the same fashion, your home/class assignments are also flexible this week: e.g. if you prefer using different application then Kizoa, you are most welcome to propose and use it. I am very much looking forward to read your Wikipedia new entry.
As in the past weeks, this weekly increment will continue to move in the following fashion:
- Read your articles, research and contribute with your own readings, if possible. Wed-Thursday.
- Discuss your findings in Facebook (brainstorming), Twitter (microblogging). Thursday-Friday. Respond, provide feedback to your peers. Friday-Saturday
- Complete the short class and home assignments in Evernote. Saturday-Sunday
resolve global issue:
- Post your mini paper in the D2L Discussion and provide feedback to your peers’ mini papers. Sunday-Monday.
- Explore your LIB290 blog and expand your knowledge on blog maintenance and its connectivity to the mainstream social media, such as our Facebook Group, our Twitter thread (#SCSULIB290) and your personal social media.
- Work on your second draft for your final project
As per directions from week1, you must work on your blog:
- You need to change its appearance
- Header image
- Start entering our daily blog entries
- Bringing up the social media bar (pls let me know, if you need help with that) and start posting your blog entries on the FB Group page to practice a streamlining of social media tools
- Questions? Issues? Please come to the office hours and I will help you
I encourage you to seek class support, which will help us work as a team. However, if you decide to turn directly to me, please use this Doodle link https://doodle.com/digitalliteracy
to seek a personal, live communication with me via Adobe Connect or old-fashioned phone call (320 308 3072). I will do my best to help your success in this class