Special education in Madison

It’s been several days since I’ve been observed the special class in Madison every morning. I am so excited to have this opportunity to know more about special education.

I follow Ms Kinzer , a very experienced special teacher, to learn how to be a good special teacher in elementary school. Ms kinzer have her own small groups, usually less than 10 students per group. Every students in her group come from normal classroom, they come to Ms Kinzer’s class at the same time, after that, they go back to their classroom to continue to study.

There’s several kinds of special students in Madison like autism, learning disabilities, brain paralysis, emotional disorder and so on, it’s hard for them to learn in the normal classroom, they have special needs. They have different goals in their IEP, but they’ll make a group with students have similar goals.

It’s very hard for special teacher to teach in their small group, although there are less people in the same class, they have difficulty to learn and sometimes it takes more time to manage their behavior than teach. Sometimes some students are out of control, it takes so many times to fix their problem.It’s so hard to be a special teacher.

It really need some method to communicate with special students, I hope I can learn more about it in the future.