also available at:
Welcome to our sixth week of class.
Before we move toward the readings, discussions, and assignments for week 6, let’s overview quickly our week 5 activities.
Your research for your final project is due.
Some of you were falling dangerously behind in the required class and home assignments. I contact each of you and offered assistance. The 10 AM Tues/Wed live sessions and/or request day/time fitting your schedule is still on. I can help each of you individually, if you have any questions, issues.
You need to maintain participation on FB, otherwise, you will be loosing precious points. Let me know, if you have issues with your FB participation and I will help you overcome it.
Some of you are still missing to submit their January 31 first major step toward your final project.
This past week, we explored the opportunities of social media for research.
As in the past weeks, this weekly increment will continue to move in the following fashion:
- Read your articles, research and contribute with your own readings, if possible. Wed-Thursday.
- Discuss your findings in Facebook (brainstorming), Twitter (microblogging). Thursday-Friday. Respond, provide feedback to your peers. Friday-Saturday
- Complete the short class and home assignments in Evernote. Saturday-Sunday
- Post your mini paper in the D2L Discussion and provide feedback to your peers’ mini papers. Sunday-Monday.
- Explore your LIB290 blog and expand your knowledge on blog maintenance and its connectivity to the mainstream social media, such as our Facebook Group, our Twitter thread (#SCSULIB290) and your personal social media.
As per directions from week1, you must start working on your blog:
- You need to change its appearance
- Header image
- Start entering our daily blog entries
- Bringing up the social media bar (pls let me know, if you need help with that) and start posting your blog entries on the FB Group page to practice a streamlining of social media tools
- Questions? Issues? Please come to the office hours and I will help you
I encourage you to seek class support, which will help us work as a team. However, if you decide to turn directly to me, please use this Doodle link https://doodle.com/digitalliteracy
to seek a personal, live communication with me via Adobe Connect or old-fashioned phone call (320 308 3072). I will do my best to help your success in this class