Welcome to our twelfth week of class.
Before we move toward the readings, discussions, and assignments for week 12, let’s overview quickly our week 11 activities.
Week 11 was about further mastering your multimedia skills and improving our presentation skills by choosing appropriate tools and also tightening up to content of our presentations. We were exposed to the idea of digital storytelling as a method to command strong social media presence.
Week 12 offers an excellent opportunity to expand your horizons in regard of social media application. Concept such as OER (open educational resources) and understanding of Creative Commons can help you in the future save your company or the organization you are working for. In additional, an understanding of privacy issues can help you safeguard yourself from legal complications, as well as help you function as a good citizen by structuring your social media activities in a way they do not infringe on the rights of your fellow citizens. As usually, you are invited to contribute with your own findings/readings.
As in the past weeks, this weekly increment will continue to move in the following fashion:
- Read your articles, research and contribute with your own readings, if possible. Wed-Thursday.
- Discuss your findings in Facebook (brainstorming), Twitter (microblogging). Thursday-Friday. Respond, provide feedback to your peers. Friday-Saturday
- Complete your Evernote assignment (you can substitute for missing assignments):
- Explore your LIB290 blog and expand your knowledge on blog maintenance and its connectivity to the mainstream social media, such as our Facebook Group, our Twitter thread (#SCSULIB290) and your personal social media.
- Start working on the final draft for your final project
As per directions from week1, you must work on your blog:
- You need to change its appearance
- Header image
- Start entering our daily blog entries
- Bringing up the social media bar (pls let me know, if you need help with that) and start posting your blog entries on the FB Group page to practice a streamlining of social media tools
- Questions? Issues? Please come to the office hours and I will help you
I encourage you to seek class support, which will help us work as a team. However, if you decide to turn directly to me, please use this Doodle link https://doodle.com/digitalliteracy
to seek a personal, live communication with me via Adobe Connect or old-fashioned phone call (320 308 3072). I will do my best to help your success in this class