Reading Reflection #7: Free Write on your individual topic.

The topic I am discussing in my critical annotated bibliography is “Racial Disparities in the Justice system.” I am very passionate about this topic because I see it daily and know people that have experienced it. It has always been a big issue in the United States. The united states had always oppressed black people in most aspects of their lives. However, in this paper, I will specifically address the oppression in the criminal justice system.

I have a lot of black friends that are very genuine, smart, and nice people. This may lead to some bias, but I am sure that it does not affect the matter’s truth, considering the arguments and the evidence I will provide. With that being said, I condemn the treatments of the criminal justice system towards them. We can view this problem differently; for example, we can look at the policies made out against black people, sentencing, incarceration, police brutality, etc. Compared to whites, the black community is always viewed as a minority group. There needs to be a change in the justice system; A change in the laws, treatment, and policies against black people. The black community’s oppression needs to stop, and Racial equality should be applied in the justice system.

I am most interested in learning and expanding my knowledge about this topic. The more I look into this topic, the more evidence I find that supports my claim. This topic has been an issue in the United States throughout its history, and it surprisingly has not been solved yet. It would be very nice to see equality being applied between races in the justice system. No one should be discriminated against or pressed based on something they do not control, which in this case, is the color of the skin.