Project Updates

For our group media project, Quentin, Francesca and I have discussed the different options regarding sexism in the workplace and social media. Francesca and I met via Zoom on Monday 11/09 and decided that we would use Twitter, Instagram and YouTube as our sources to put out information. Francesca agreed to create an Instagram account and has done so. The account title for Instagram is sexisminthe workplace and I agreed to set up the Twitter account. I created a Twitter account and the username is sexism_at_work. We haven’t posted anything on either account yet but did provide links to our group blog on each social media outlet. Francesca has offered to create a podcast and do some interviews on the podcast discussing sexism at work and personal experiences. Quentin is going to reach out to the SCSU women’s center and see if he can find any resources or strategies that may help us with combating any issues with our topic. My plan is to set up a couple interviews and video tape them discussing any experiences with sexism in the workplace, and once I have done the interviews I plan to upload them on to YouTube.

There are a lot of moving pieces right now and we have all been working together well to help divide up different aspects of the assignment. As a group we decided that we would meet every Sunday at 8PM so we can continue to discuss progress and any new ideas we might have to move forward with the project.