Global Health Issue

In many first world countries we are fortunate to have big box grocery stores where most people buy all of there food and if you are unable to get to one, there is usually a small local grocery store or gas station that carry food. In third world countries such as Africa those big box and local grocery stores are not available. People living in some parts of Africa like Nigeria rely on clean food and water to be delivered to them from organizations like Doctors Without Border. It is hard enough for this organization to get food to people in need being that the radical army in Nigerian steals this food but if these people do not get food they could possibly die. Donald McNeil, author of Malnutrition Wiping Out Children in Northern Nigeria, says that large number of children under the age of 5 have died due to starvation. McNeil also says that because of the recent attention on the Syrian refugees, little attention has been given to this growing epidemic. This article really puts into perspective how lucky we are to have these big box and local grocery stores at our disposal as well as eat three meals a day and in some peoples cases six times a day.

Full Article

McNeil, D. (2017, January 24). Northern Nigeria Losing Its Young Children. New York Times. Retrieved January 25, 2017, https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/health/malnutrition-nigeria-children.html?rref=collection%2Fcolumn%2Fglobal-health&action=click&contentCollection=science&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=collection&_r=0

2 thoughts on “Global Health Issue

1. Such things are very upsetting. The standard of living leaves much to be desired. During a pandemic, it is particularly difficult to tolerate what is happening around, people regularly experience stress. I sincerely recommend getting to know Daily CBD ​better, it will help you to stabilize your health

2. Thank you for bringing up such important topics for the global community. All my life I hope that such injustice will be corrected and every time I see such posts it almost encourages me to give up everything and become a volunteer. Although I understand that this may not affect the situation as much as it seems in my head. If everything were so easy, then no one in the world would be in such dire need. I am glad that first-world countries have begun to pay more attention to this and we have the opportunity to show a little kindness and compassion to those people who are not so lucky. Therefore, we should all appreciate everything that we have.
    cbd powder