Digital Remediation

For my Digital Remediation of my Teachnology Statement, I chose to utilize an app I used when creating posts for the Intensive English Center.

The app is Adobe Spark and it is extremely user friendly. I am able to create posts, videos, graphics, webpages, and more. As you can see in the images below, there are many ways to use this app. The site offers the Popular layouts, as well as layouts to stand out on social, grow your business, for teaching and studying, to champion your cause, to promote your brand, organize an event, or to personalize.

The most popular designs are Social Graphic (graphic), Photo Journal (web page), Slide Show (video), Invitation (graphic), Flyer (graphic), Cover (graphic), and Collage (graphic). This app is perfect for amateur social media designers. It offers templates for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube. Users are able to design any kind of post using different templates and free images the app provides.

I chose to use Spark to create a video for the Digital Remediation. I chose to make the video in widescreen, using the Sage theme. There are some areas of the video that can not be edited when using a theme or template, which makes the design process take longer. I do like the feature of adding videos and photos, along with text throughout the Spark video.

Here is a screen shot of the first slide of my video showing the theme setting.

As you can see, the theme has a set font, but a few color options to choose from.

Overall, this app is available to students and educators (with valid school email addresses) for free. I would recommend trying this app if you get the chance. I have used it for personal and professional social media/projects.

One thought on “Digital Remediation

1. This is interesting information about your digital remediation. Keep in mind, though, that blog postings are due on Mondays. 😉