Project Update – Week 2

So we were able to create our group blog, but I’ve had some difficulty getting access to it so I can post content. Mary has been working tirelessly to get that corrected and once that issue gets fixed, I’ll go in a post at least 2 posts to get caught up. Our group blog was set up by Mary and she has done the first post – which is AMAZING. I’m really looking forward to seeing how the blog flourishes and grows as we progress in our project.

For a social media presence, our group decided to focus on Twitter and Instagram. So far we have some great posts, with great information. As of today, I’ve posted twice on our Twitter account and once on our Instagram account. During our last meeting, Mary suggested that I take a screenshot of all of my postings so I can have them ready for the portfolio that’s due at the end of the semester and I thought was a FANTASTIC idea – so that’s what I’ll be doing from now on.

When choosing content to post, I’m trying to find creative pictures, articles, and other informative things to add to our social media pages. I’m pretty tech savvy, so I’m not too worried about how to post them, I’m just trying to find the best ones that will really help drive our point home. I’m also working on video ideas so I can have them recorded and posted by the end of the month. I’ll probably release them on YouTube, with a private link so I can share that link and anyone who clicks on it will have access to the video. I’m planning on doing one video with my son and we’re going to discuss child abuse from a child’s perspective.

Now – my son lives in a VERY safe home and we’ve done our absolute best to keep him safe, so I don’t think he’ll have stories to tell from personal experiences or not, but my hope is that we can discuss how he feels about child abuse even existing and his thoughts on how we can prevent it from happening.

Hopefully our group will be able to meet this week and I’m thinking of suggesting that we add some sort of “Resources” page on our blog so that people can have the National Child Abuse Hotline information, but then we could possibly give resources or contact information for different states so everyone could have easy access to that information.

Overall, I think we’re doing great! And as I said earlier, I can’t wait to see how things progress. I believe we’re doing great work to bring awareness to this social justice issue and we’ll have a solid project to present when we’re finished.