some examples of innovations in each area:
• Institutional Intentionality
* Administrative structures
*Data and Data Analytics: Predictive analytics, use of data in scheduling and advising, etc.
* Collaborative, not individual. Creating opportunities for crowdsourcing, collective projects, etc.
* Creating a supporting environment for innovation * Building a culture of obligation
* Personalization. Software that takes each student on a different journey
* Course Re-Design: Blended courses such as the ones we are working on. Interdisciplinary courses, gateway courses, etc.
* Pathways: Reduced choice, math alternatives, First Year Seminar, Orientation, Summer Bridge
* Degree maps
* Incentives for teaching in the first year
* Research about first year outcomes
* Collaboration between academic affairs and student affairs
* Non-Cognitive Factors: belonging, mindset, etc.
* Advising: Professional, linked to data, intrusive, etc.
* Career Focus: purpose, ethnography of work, early field experiences
* Reduction in choices
more on first year college experience in this IMS blog