8 Tips for Lecture Capture on a Shoestring
By Dian Schaffhauser 05/17/17
Whether you’re flipping your courses, creating videos to help your students understand specific concepts or recording lectures for exam review, these tips can help you optimize your production setup on a tight budget.
1) Speak Into the Microphone
2) Reconsider Whether You Want to be a Talking Head
3) Keep Your Recording Device Steady
4) Avoid Using the Camera Built Into Your Laptop
5) Explore a Range of Recording Software
“online video platforms,”
TechSmith Relay, Panopto, Tegrity and Kaltura
6) Forget About Editing Your Videos
7) Remember Accessibility
Record your video and upload it to YouTube. YouTube will apply its machine transcription to the audio as a starting point. Then you can download the captions into your caption editor and improve on the captions from there. Afterward, you can delete the video from YouTube and add it to your institution’s platform.
lecture capture in this IMS blog