Please join us in exploring our mobile devices.
Minutes from the April 23, 2014 meeting
Pamela, Greg, Rachel and Plamen met at 3pM in MC 205 and discussed:
- different OS and gadgets – iOS, Windows Surface, Android Galaxy, Kindle
the differences. We determined that it is up to the user which one she/he prefers.
- what can be frustrating
Android – more difficult to organize. For an novice it is more difficult
- WIndows Surface come with Office and Surface has a mouse pointer and USB port, which makes easy connect external mouse.
- Pamela will buy different types of dongles (USB, VGA) for iOS, Android Galaxy and WIndows and they will be available to loan from the dean’s office.
- Siri, consensus on the poor quality. Cortana on WIndows is to be seen. Somebody on campus using Siri to text. Google Now is the Siri equivalent.
- Google Glass. waste of money? it has potential thought. battery is very limited. we are not sure if it connects to iPAD
- meet once a month. ask what worked from the last group and what didn’t to determine what can be discussed. Carol Rose has an app for passwords. How many people do NOT have access to a mobile device. What people do here, work related stuff (email, notes, calendar). A coordinator of this group monitoring free apps and suggesting to be tested in LRS. List from the former group with the apps for iOS, Android, Windows.
Log in your questions, suggestions and helpful information.
Plamen Miltenoff and Tom Hergert
Contact us via social media:
IMS blog: http://blog.stcloudstate.edu/ims/
Google +: https://plus.google.com/u/0/115966710162153290760/posts/p/pub