Content Authoring Tool RFP Oral Presentation – SoftChalk
February 8, 2016
12:30 PM – 3:00 PM
Wells Fargo Place, St. Paul, MN – Conference Room 3309
Or via WebEx: https://mnscu.webex.com/mnscu/j.php?MTID=mee30758fc5694b4e192e4f0b8d6780d5
Meeting number: 637 779 556
Meeting password: mnscu_rfp
|12:30 PM – 12:40 PM
||Introductions and overview of MnSCU Content Authoring Tool pilot project
|12:40 PM – 1:20 PM
||Overview of SoftChalk’s product and functionality; highlighting product’s distinctive competencies, general functions such as authoring, publishing, integration with D2L Brightspace or other LMSs
|1:20 PM – 1:40 PM
||Addressing of RFP Review Committee Follow-Up Questions (see list below)
|1:40 PM – 2:00 PM
|2:00 PM – 2:20 PM
||Demonstration of use by persons with disabilities (how the product works for authors and users with disabilities)
|2:20 PM – 2:40 PM
||Exploration of hosting options and security questions follow-up
|2:40 – 3:00 PM
||Contracting and cost proposal discussion
RFP Committee Follow-Up Questions
- Vision and Future Development
- As part of the demonstration, please show us SoftChalk’s current editor. When will the new version be available?
- Demonstrate how the community features work to allow collaboration now and what is being proposed for the future?
- Demonstrate and explain how content sharing works
- Demonstrate and explain the eReader function
- What is being developed by way of improved analytics functions to enable greater analysis of student score results?
- Content Creation – Gamification
- Will there be any development in the area of badging or other gamificatIon features, not just certification?
- Content Creation – Audio and Video Recording
- Do they foresee this ever being a possibility to add this? And area there closed captioning features within
- We need to understand the private cloud administrator’s role
- Internet Browser Access and System Requirements
- When will they support Edge (Windows 10)?
On Tuesday, October 15, 2013, Patrice Torcivia Prusko wrote:
Sloan defines blended as anywhere between 30-79% online, so there is a pretty wide range. (I attached a document with the reference). The following are from a Blended Workshop I attended by Dr. Norman Vaughan
More information on BL:
basic definition :
Please consider two instruction sessions on Softchalk in April:
SoftChalk is provider of content authoring software for educators in K-12, colleges, universities and medical programs. With SoftChalk, educators can create professional, engaging, learning content quickly and easily, which enhances their teaching and improves the learning experience for their students.
Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 2:00 PM until 2:45 PM
Follow us on Twitter: @SCSUtechInstruc | #techworkshop
IMS Blog: http://blog.stcloudstate.edu/ims
Ideas? Suggestions? Pls email email@example.com
Steps to Install SoftChalk Create and Enter Your License Key
- Download the SoftChalk installer by clicking on the appropriate link below. Save the installer file locally on your computer.
- Windows: http://www.softchalk.com/Lb8Distribution/SoftChalk8_setup.exe
- Macintosh: http://www.softchalk.com/Lb8Distribution/SoftChalk8-Mac.zip
- Click the installer and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- After installing SoftChalk Create, look for the Create8 icon on your desktop. Double-click the icon to start the SoftChalk “Create” application.
- You may be prompted to create a FREE SoftChalk CLOUD account. This step is optional, but provides you with additional SoftChalk features.
- Within the SoftChalk Create application, go to the Help menu and choose Enter License. (If you are a Macintosh user, go to the top left of your screen and choose File/Enter License.)
- Copy and paste the license info below into the License Name and License Key fields.
SoftChalk, similarly to LodeStar, allows instructors to “create, customize and personalize content by mashing up your own materials with rich media, interactive exercises, quizzes and text.”
Here is an example of content created with SoftChalk:
To download SoftChalk, please go to
Let us know, if you need support and training sessions:
Licensing keys: pls request from Mark Kotcho (firstname.lastname@example.org).