Who are the best librarians to follow on Twitter? Or existing lists of librarians active on Twitter
— Tiago Forte (@fortelabs) August 27, 2019
Archive of ‘academic library’ category
Open Community: OER Collaboration and Support
Open Community: OER Collaboration and Support, 8/1/19, MN Summit on Learning and Technology
Thursday, August 1, 11:30 AM Central Time. We stream our discussion live on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InforMediaServices/
Rachel Wexelbaum, Assoc Prof, University Library, St Cloud State University email@example.com
Plamen Miltenoff, Professor, InforMedia Services, St Cloud State University firstname.lastname@example.org
Aura Lippincott, Instructional Designer, Western Connecticut State University email@example.com
We define immersive scholarship as any scholarly work developed through or implemented utilizing technologies including Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality, Visualization (i.e., large format displays and visualization walls, GIS, Tableau), and any related hardware, programs or software.
We are seeking survey participants who are employed in an academic library and who currently support immersive scholarship and technologies at their institution.
how your academic library has developed tools, implemented third party hardware/software, and in what barriers you have identified at your institution in supporting immersive scholarship.
Link to Online Survey
Reflecting on @lib_collective and this great session by @samuel_putnam and @lisabouff #libcol18 #dtk12chat pic.twitter.com/aYi4uQEhUA
— LeadLocal (@goleadlocal) March 9, 2018
third Library 2.019 mini-conference: “Emerging Technology,” which will be held online (and for free) on Wednesday, October 30th, from 12:00 – 3:00 pm US-Pacific Daylight Time (click for your own time zone).
Tomorrow’s technologies are shaping our world today, revolutionizing the way we live and learn. Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Blockchain, Internet of Things, Drones, Personalization, the Quantified Self. Libraries can and should be the epicenter of exploring, building and promoting these emerging techs, assuring the better futures and opportunities they offer are accessible to everyone. Learn what libraries are doing right now with these cutting-edge technologies, what they’re planning next and how you can implement these ideas in your own organization.
This is a free event, being held live online and also recorded.
Library Leadership Your Way
- discovering why you want to lead;
- research findings on the five most desirable traits in library leaders;
- wrestling with the constraints of organizational culture;
- a tour of practical leadership models such as Theory Z, Situational Leadership, Transformational Leadership, and emotional intelligence;
- how to develop habits that will bolster your confidence through inevitable moments of doubt;
- cultivating a “people first, mission always” mentality;
- self-care for leaders; and
- living out your unique leadership vision through goal setting, self-evaluation, and other key steps.
Survey of Academic Library Leadership: Evaluation of Library Info Technology Lending Programs (ISBN No:978-1-57440-591-0 )
- Administrators over age 65 were much more likely than others to want to contract the program while those under age 50 were much less likely.
- In general, the more sophisticated the degree offered by the college, the greater the likelihood that it had increased spending on its technology lending program over the past three years.
- Art and architecture students were frequently cited as prime users of academic library technology lending programs.
Qualitative research is best suited to address a research problem in which you do not know the variable and need to explore. The literature might yield little information about the phenomenon of study, and you need to learn more from participants through exploration. [Thus] a central phenomenon is the key concept, idea, or process studied in qualitative research.21
library and places him or her in an “on-site” setting or situation that enables close coordination and collaboration with researchers or teaching faculty
more on embedded librarian in this IMS blog
1 2 3 … 9 Next