now engaging, interactive material for tablets and touch screens become even more engaging by adding now inteaction via mobile devices and moving the students off their desktops and laptops.
Shortened URL: http://scsu.mn/1kLcn1o
what is Powtoon. http://www.powtoon.com/?edgetrackerid=1407528290497
PowToon is Web-based animation software that allows users to create animated presentations by manipulating pre-created objects, imported images, provided music and user created voice-overs. Powtoon uses an Adobe Flex engine to generate an XML file that can be played in the Powtoon online viewer, exported to YouTube or downloaded as an MP4 file.
- Videomaker, Presentation tool, storytelling tool.
- templates versus starting from scratch
- having a plan (or a story, or a screenplay)
- narrate with voice over your video. can’t edit recording, but can re-record
Haiku Deck (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5crVTsJk9QE)
is one of the many cloud-based applications, which effectively can substitute PowerPoint. Here is an entry from this same blog, which list a generous choice of similar applications:
Before you start working on PowToon, please consider the following guidelines for a good presentation design:
Here are some tutorials, which you might consider:
How to use PowToon
Powtoon Tutorial – Creating Your First Powtoon
Similarly to Grass Umberto Eco urges flexing the muscle Brain versus using electronics only
Best Websites for Teaching & Learning 2014
Manage and organize
Social Networking and Communication
The Epic BYOD Toolchest (51 Tools You Can Use Now)
Screencasting and Capturing What Happens in Class
- Sophia: Nudged along by my friend Todd Nesloney, I use Sophia for my computer applications instruction and am very pleased with the results.
- Haiku Learning: This is the full content management system that I’m trying to get our school to adopt. It’s multiplatform and robust, which makes it a great fit for our BYOD environment.
Electronic Note Taking
Students need multiple ways to share and express themselves, particularly verbally and with pictures. This is part of transliteracy.
- I love Brad Wilson’s Write About This and Tell About This iOS apps for kids of all ages.
Graphic Design and Infographics
- The infographic makers of choice these days include Easel.ly, Visual.ly,Infogr.am, and Glogster.
- Google Spreadsheets: See Annie Cushing’s Must-Have Tools for the power of sharing links in this way.
More (from the blog section)
If you’re working with multiple apps like Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, Evernote and need to search across them in one shot, take a look at Xendo (http://xen.do) – gives you a personal, private Google-like search across all your apps.
8 Interactive Video Tools for Engaging Learners